If you think you are addicted to alprazolam (known by the brand name Xanax), you may be pondering what kind of treatment is necessary to fully recover. Both inpatient and outpatient treatment is available, and both can be effective depending on the situation. Outpatient treatment is a great option for people who have a busy work or family life but still need addiction treatment.
What Outpatient Alprazolam Treatment Is For
If you are wondering whether or not you would be a good candidate for outpatient treatment, consider the following factors:
- Severe and long-term addictions are best treated at an inpatient treatment center where there is 24 hour monitoring
- Those in the early stages of addiction are the best fit for outpatient care
- People who are sole care-givers for young children may need outpatient treatment to remain with their children
- Outpatient options are helpful when your daily responsibilities (work, family, finances) cannot be put on hold or delegated to a trusted friend or family member
- Most rehab programs that begin with inpatient treatment will be followed by outpatient aftercare
- Outpatient care is often less expensive than a stay at an inpatient facility
The Elements of Alprazolam Outpatient Care
Although each treatment program is different, there are several elements to look for when choosing the right program:
- Counseling. Most outpatient treatment centers provide individual or group counseling to help the alprazolam user address root issues that have led to addiction.
- Family involvement. Workshops and therapy sessions are available for entire families to attend. This is a time for loved ones to learn about codependency, setting appropriate boundaries and support strategies. Relationships can be strengthened through this educational opportunity.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Alprazolam users learn to recognize and develop coping skills for addiction triggers.
- Accountability. A common element of outpatient care is assigning a sponsor that provides support and helps keep a recovering user accountable. Other accountability methods include drug-screening to ensure and reward sobriety.
- Education. Learning more about addiction and relapse prevention gives the recovering user strength and courage to face everyday pressures and temptation.
Finding Outpatient Alprazolam Treatment
If you are wondering what outpatient treatment options are available, we can help. We have addiction counselors standing by 24 hours a day who can help you take the first step toward recovery. Call our toll-free helpline and discover what treatment options will fit you best.